Home Support Workers – Province-Wide
Our Home Support Workers help individuals remain in the familiar environment of their own home by providing health services or assistance with activities of daily living.
You will have experience working with seniors and or physically disabled individuals, as well as experience in client supervision, meal preparation and housekeeping.
Our Employees have exceptional relationship skills and a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of those seniors we serve.
This position is subject to the following documentation: Record of Conduct and First Aid certificate.
Developmental Support Workers – Corner Brook
Summary of essential job functions
- Behavior should be professional at all times and consistent with CareGivers culture, mission, values, philosophy, and policies and procedures, including treating residents and others with dignity and respect.
- Assist residents in maintaining safe and healthy lifestyles, and monitor for changes in their general health, appearance, behavior, and patterns of activities.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment for residents at all times.
- Provide training and assistance to all residents in making healthy choices, and following any pre-established orders by medical professionals.
- Plan and support residents in daily activities, which may include, but not limited to, household chores, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, and money management.
- Responsible for assisting residents with personal hygiene skills and tasks, including assisting with bathroom responsibilities, ensuring residents complete shaving, brushing teeth, bathing/showering, shampooing, and dressing appropriately for the weather and type of activities.
- Complete documentation, as necessary, to meet CareGivers and the Regional Health Authority documentation requirements.
- Complete required, on-going training within CareGivers and the Regional Health Authority required timeframes and meeting region required competency levels.
- Report to work on time, and if unable to report to work, or if there is a need to come to work late, or leave early, follow CareGivers absenteeism process.
- Adhere to and enforce CareGivers’ Code of Conduct
- Report all Occupational Health and safety hazards and related issues and follows OH&S guidelines
- Minimum 2 years post-secondary education or
- Social Service Worker Diploma, Community Support Worker Diploma, Human Services Diploma, or Personal Care Attendant Certificate or
- Minimum 2 years experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities and/or co-occurring mental health disorders; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Willingness to complete in-house training
- CPI’s Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training, or willingness to complete
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Medical certificate indicating good health
- Negative TB skin test
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Clear Record of Conduct
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent report writing abilities
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance
- Commitment to training and development
- Must be caring, enjoy working with others, have a good work ethic, and possess a positive attitude